Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fell Off The Fitness Band Wagon? Here's How You Get Back ON!


I remember when i learned how to ride a bike. I was on the sidewalk of my old street. My dad was standing next to me walking along side the bike while holding the seat. I remember telling him not to let go. I remember the rush of gliding down the street all by myself. I did it! Funny thing is I don't remember falling TONS of times previous.

....This is common in many events of our life.

We tend to remember the success but forget about the struggle that got us there. We add 1+1 to equal 2 without remembering all the time we spent counting it out on our fingers out loud. Or just even the simple act of walking. Watch a child learn to walk and you'll see it wasn't easy!

What does THIS have to do with me losing weight and getting healthy again? EVERYTHING!

With each of these events you had to FAIL to reach SUCCESS! You had to fall to learn to walk. You had to count out loud to learn. And you had to crash a ton before you could ride a bike. But what would have happened if you NEVER FAILED? Then you for sure wouldn't be here reading this blog...heck you probably wouldn't know how to read!

So knowing that you need to FAIL to SUCCEED gives you the ability to forgive yourself for all the times you started a workout program and failed. SO what?! Yea you fell down, but the only way to truly fail is to stop trying!

Ok FINE! Lets say you just quit. You dont do it. Now what? no really...what now? Are you going to stay 50 pounds overweight? Are you going to continue to cry every time you're in the dressing room? Will you let this effect your relationships? Your children? Are they doomed to follow in your footsteps?

...doesnt sound very nice :(

So STOP IT & GET STARTED RIGHT NOW!!!

I can go off and write for a while about what steps to take and go into details about being prepared (coming soon in later blogs) but the REAL reality is you dont need that! Make the COMMITMENT to start right now and DO IT! Close your computer, workout for 30 minutes and make the rest of your meals healthy today. Thats right! Get on that bike and say out loud:

"I DONT CARE HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE FALLEN. I REFUSE TO LAY DOWN ANY LONGER!"

No comments:

Post a Comment